While most people spend their 60th birthdays surrounded by their family and friends, Reba McEntire took her birthday celebration to the max past this weekend. The Queen of Country emceed the 21st annual Celebrity Fight Night charity event for the tenth time, on what just happened to be her 60th birthday. The event, held in Scottsdale, Arizona, raised millions for charities, with the majority going to the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center and Barrow Neurological Institute.
While raising both money and awareness, the night(s) also celebrated Reba, who emceed, performed and was flanked by a who’s who of every musical genre, ranging from country royalty like Blake Shelton and Ronnie Dunn to disco legend Gloria Gaynor and Popera star Josh Groban to her own daughter-in-law, Kelly Clarkson.
And while Country Music’s #CMchat is saving pennies to attend the event in about 2027, we’ve been drooling over the details we’ve found on social media. Without further ado, here are 7 #CMchat quick clicks about Celebrity Fight Night.
1. Dinner with Reba went for $2 Million…Yes, million. According to AZCentral.com, dinner for four at Reba’s home was auctioned off in a live auction, with the winning bid coming in at $2 million to GoDaddy founder Bob Parsons.
— Tara Hitchcock (@TaraTV1) March 29, 2015
2. Speaking of auctions, Kelly Clarkson and hubby Brandon Blackstock took home a prize of their own, a trip to Italy.
Me and my baby 2nd night of Celebrity Fight Night!! We bid on an amazing Italy vacation and won! WOOHOO!! #HereWeComeItaly A photo posted by Kelly Clarkson (@kellyclarkson) on
3. The stars, including Reba, Ronnie and Blake, took selfies using a selfie stick.
4. Blake lent his voice…and his signature to the cause.
— Christine Wu (@xtinewu) March 30, 2015
5. Ronnie Dunn serenaded the crowd with many Brooks & Dunn favorites, including “Boot Scootin’ Boogie” and “Red Dirt Road.”
6. Reba and Barbara Jean are actually BFFLs in real life, as Melissa Peterman presented Reba with a video of celebs wishing her a happy birthday.
— David Wallace (@DavidWallce) March 29, 2015
7. And speaking of Happy Birthday tributes, at Friday night’s pre-Celeb Fight Night, Founder’s Dinner, Kelly Clarkson led the crowd in a rousing “Happy Birthday” to her mother-in-law, Reba.