CMchatLIVE.com is the home of the largest and only organized Music hashtag communities on Twitter: Country Music Chat aka #CMchat.
Founded by Jessica Northey in May 2011.
What does #CMchat mean?
- The # symbol, is called a “hashtag”, “pound” or “number” sign, and can be used to mark keywords or topics in a Tweet on the Social Media platform Twitter. The hashtag (#) was originally invented as a label for groups and topics in IRC chat. By adding the ‘#’ sign before a string of text, users made that string easy to find in a search. The hashtag (#) went mainstream on Twitter when “Tweeters” organically began to use it as a way to categorize messages.
- “CM” stands for Country Music!
- “Chat” means conversation between anyone using “#CMchat” in a tweet who likes to listen, discuss and share Country Music Industry information with other Country Music enthusiasts!
If you have spent any time on Twitter, you have probably noticed that there are many conversations going on at the same time. By using a hashtag (#) you are able to filter through the noise and find folks who are singing your tune!
Every Monday night beginning at 6pmPT/9pmET, #CMchat has an open source Q&A style discussion with Country Music Celebrities hosted by Jessica Northey. During this hour long conversation on Twitter Jessica asks guests about 7-10 questions for the first 30 minutes, and then the guests usually take questions from the entire community for the second half. (Sometimes the format varies depending on the guest
#CMchat covers different topics from getting your music played on the radio, to Social Media strategy, and of course the inside scoop from Country Music Artists, Broadcasting Personalities, Radio & Label Executives and Fans alike.
Use or follow #CMchat in your tweets or sign in with this link to participate: http://www.cmchatlive.com/chat/
There aren’t any rules for the community, but we do have guidelines that have become tradition through a group conscience.
Obviously there is promotional value for any guest to be exposed to this community but they are still taking time out of there busy schedules and family time.
- PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT DROP URL LINKS TO YOUR MUSIC, YOUR WEBSITE etc FROM 6-7pmPST/9-10pmEST.
It takes people away from the chat and is just rude to our guest, it’s like saying what you have to say is important than our guest. Sometimes we also get spammed, and just because it is on the hashtag (#) does mean #CMchat controls it. Here is a post from Twitter that EVERYONE who uses the platform should read! https://support.twitter.com/articles/76036-safety-keeping-your-account-secure#
- PROFANITY IS STRONGLY DISCOURAGED and if you are cussing like a sailor you will mostly likely be the only one, plus people will probably block you, also my mom participates in this chat. In addition most people are having family time and might have some kid looking over their shoulder,
- SPAMMING ARTISTS/CELEBRITY GUESTS to listen to your music, demanding they follow you, asking them for free stuff, and unsolicited music/videos is also just plain rude. Again please respect the time that guests give our community!
- BULLYING OTHERS and using the #CMchat hashtag will get you reported, ignored by this community and blocked by me.
Country Music Chat aka #CMchat has generated over 1.5 Billion impressions since it’s beginning in May 2011 on Twitter and reached over 50 million according to Hashtracking.com.
The #CMchat community is an open-forum and you are always invited to use the hashtag to share Country Music information, news, music and and COUNTRY MUSIC CHAT because #CMchat IS “Where Country Music Meets You!
Past guests have included National charting and recording artists The Oak Ridge Boys, Neal McCoy, Charlie Daniels, Ronnie Milsap, Jamie O’Neal, Barbara Mandrell, Edens Edge, Sunny Sweeney, The Farm, David Nail, Jaida Dreyer, Gwen Sebastian, Steve Azar, Danny Gokey, Rhonda Vincent, Darryl Worley, Shy Blakeman, Bigg Vinny Mack from Trailer Choir, David Bradley, Whitney Duncan, Dailey and Vincent, The Moonshine Bandits, Aaron Watson, Rachele Lynae, Craig Wayne Boyd, Cowboy Troy, Shooter Jennings, Colt Ford, Jason Crabb, Deborah Allen, Bridgette Tatum, Danny Myrick, Stealing Angels, Rick Monroe, Ray Scott, Charlotte Autry, Trent Tomlinson, DJ Miller, Darren Warren; Nine North Record’s Larry Pareigis; On-Air Personalities Big D and Bubba Morning Show, Andie Lynne, Radio Lia, Tony Thomas, Heather Froglear, Kaptian Jack and Buck Stevens; Online blogs/music industry communities Billboard, All Access, Country Music Is Love, Roughstock and The Country Site; TV Stars, Melissa Peterman from CMT’s Singing Bee, Curtis Grimes from NBC’s The Voice, Paige Duke from CMT’s Sweet Home Alabama, Susan Hartman & Ali Dee from CMT’s Texas Women, Country Comedian Tom Mabe (Mabe in America on CMT), Tom McMillan from Toms Wild Life on GAC; Internet sensations Payton Rae, CJaye LeRose, Josh Charles and Mary Sarah.
You are welcome to come and watch, or jump in and ask guests and attendees questions.
#CMchat goes live every Monday at 6pm PST/9pm EST. The chat runs for one hour.
Many people including artists, industry professionals and fans post valuable information throughout the week using the #CMchat hashtag in the Twitter stream.
The easiest way to participate is to go to our chat page and log in from your Twitter account.