Kentucky native Andrew Conn has taken over the internet by storm. His southern twang mixed with his vulgar and offensive jokes has made him a household name all over the U.S. In a world where comedians and music are coming together (like the “Baby Got Back” by Joe Nichols, which features country comedian Darren Knight) it’s something all music fans can enjoy as well. Conn is crafted in what he does, he is funny and well liked. He also enjoys country music… which makes him that much cooler.
1. Where are you answering these questions from?
Sitting on my front porch writing new jokes
2. What is your official title and favorite thing about what you do?
I am a comedian and my favorite part has to be bringing smiles to people that don’t have much to smile about or changing someone’s day.
3. What are three things you CANNOT live without?
I cannot live without my family, my fans or my golf clubs.
4. At what age did you know that you wanted to be a comedian?
It’s weird because my entire life everyone told me I should be a comedian especially my mom. She always told me I needed to be up on the stage and then last year she passed and I put a video out on Facebook about a month later and it blew up! My face was everywhere on the internet and I haven’t stopped since.
5. What’s one life lesson you’ve learned the hard way?
Don’t believe what you hear and only half of what you see.
6. If you could have any superpower in the world, what would you pick?
I would like to be invisible so I could be like Robin Hood. I would rob banks then feed the world with it.
7. Do you have a favorite male country artist?
I have to say one of my favorite artist would be Tim McGraw.
8. Do you have a favorite female artist?
9. Have you ever met anyone famous?
Honestly, I am embarrassed to say that I have never met anyone famous. I’m 28 and still have never been to a concert.
10. Beer or whiskey?
11. What has been the highlight of your career thus far?
Probably hearing a room full of people chanting my name.
12. What’s one gift you will never forget?
I would have to say my kids. They are crazy but they are my kind of crazy.
13. If your life was a movie, who would you want to play you?
Well hopefully I could play myself but if I couldn’t then I would choose an up and coming actor so he could get his name out there to set him up for success because I know how hard it is to get your first big break.
14. You’re making your favorite sandwich…what’s on it?
Cheese, mayonnaise, and a lot of fried bologna!
15. What’s one topic you are passionate about?
Honestly comedy. I love everything about it. Also, family, I love talking about what I’m doing today to set up a better future for them tomorrow. Oh and golf too.
16. Fill in the blank: First thing I do when I wake up is…
Find my house shoes and head towards the coffee pot.
17. Fill in the blank: I’m motivated by…
18. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself hopefully traveling and being one of the best stand up comics to ever do it. I’d also like to be in movies and T.V shows.