What do you get when you mix together dedication, sass and a massive amount of personality? Social media guru Jessica Northey, of course. Arizona born & bred, you can bet your ass she’ll give it to you straight.
Jessica is the creator of the largest 24/7 hashtag community Country Music #CMchat and home of the Twitter chat directed toward country music entertainment. She has a list of credentials a mile long, including being listed as #3 in Forbes Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers, as well as one of the 20 Most Influential People of Social Media according to incomediary.com.
Jessica’s career began in radio and quickly escalated into the social media propaganda. Jessica Northey is like the Donald Trump of country music and entertainment; everyone knows her name and everyone wants to work with her. Let’s face it, it doesn’t get much better than that.
1. Where are you answering these questions from and what are you wearing?
Sitting out by the pool in sunny 80 degree weather in Tucson, Arizona.
2. What is your official title and favorite thing about what you do?
Multi-media personality, creator/host of country music’s #CMchat and founder of Country Music News & infotainment website CMchatLIVE.com. I love everything about country music. Plus, I go to bed dreaming and wake up doing.
3. What are 3 things you CAN NOT live without?
My mom, Sissy Northey and music.
4. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
5. What’s your favorite cartoon character?
I’d say Batman, but he’s actually real, so I have to go with my main man Scooby Doo.
6. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Both. I like to work in the morning and play in the evening. Luckily work and play comingle in my vocation.
7. Sweet or sour?
8. Naughty or nice?
9. Wine or whiskey?
Beer with a side of whiskey, but some red red wine make me feel so fine.
10. If you could choose your age forever, what age would you want to be?
When I get there I’ll let you know. So far I am enjoying every moment of life. Today I am as young as I will ever be, so I just go with it.
11. What’s your favorite candy bar?
12. What’s one gift you will never forget?
I couldn’t answer this right away, so I don’t think I’ve gotten it yet.
13. What current event has your eyes and ears? What are you doing about it?
Hunger prevents kids from reaching their full potential. It’s an epidemic that’s threatening America’s future. Childhood hunger is a big problem with a simple solution. We can end child hunger in America and No Kid Hungry is doing that every day. Your donations help Share Our Strength recruit summer meal sites, start and improve school breakfast programs and teach families how to shop for and prepare healthy meals on a budget. It also helps provide grants to the most innovative hunger fighting organizations across the country so that they can purchase food and supplies. We’re seeing incredible results from these investments – in many places. Just $1 can help a child access ten meals. www.nokidhungry.org
14. Would you rather be the most popular or the smartest person on earth?
Can I just be the prettiest?
15. Would you rather have the gift to see the future or the ability to change the past?
I think that everything that’s happened was meant to be. I know God has a plan for my life so maybe I’d just like to see the future and get the lottery numbers.
16. You are making your favorite sandwich, what’s on it?
12 grain with feta, cucumber, cream cheese, avocado, sundried tomato paste and hickory smoked turkey.
17. Name one artist of any genre besides country music that you’re a fan of?
Beastie Boys and Metallica….close tie.
18. What makes you laugh out loud?
Me. I got some jokes, but usually they sound better in my head than when they come out my mouth.
19. Fill in the blank: it’s not a party until…
I walk in the door.
20. Fill in the blank: Country music has made me…
Drink, Swear Steal & Lie.
Do you have a favorite artist, songwriter or someone in the music business you want to see answer my 20 questions? Tweet me @brittwv and let me know.
Author: Brittany Vance
West Virginia born & bred living life in the DMV. I believe in kind hearts & strong drinks. Mom of two boys and Autism advocate. Music is not only powerful but magical. In the words of Merle Haggard: Good music will live forever. I am here to share that music with each of you.