Georgia native and January 2014 Country Music’s #CMchat One to Watch Jordan Rager is everything country music stands for. He is good looking, old fashioned and insanely talented. His appearance on NBC’s The Voice helped him gain national spotlight when he joined Team Blake and was labeled by Blake Shelton as a “surefire country star in the making.”
His influences range from Jason Aldean and Alan Jackson to AC/DC. Jordan is exceptionally gifted when it comes to songwriting and he is strong vocally as well. He recently joined Justin Moore’s Off The Beaten Path Tour which gave him a huge platform to share his talent with the world. Jordan also recently signed with Broken Bow Records. In my opinion, we need more artists like Jordan Rager in today’s music industry.
1. Where are you answering these questions from and what are you wearing?
I’m answering from my apartment in Nashville, TN and I’m wearing a pair of basketball shorts and my Atlanta Braves hoodie. I bum around a lot when I’m at home.
2. What is your official title and favorite thing about what you do?
Jordan Rager (country music singer/songwriter.) I love everything about playing music. I truly have my dream job.
3. What are 3 things you CANNOT live without?
My family, my friends and my dog.
4. What’s your favorite cartoon character?
5. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Definitely a night person.
6. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Brush my teeth.
7. Sweet or sour?
8. Small town or big city?
9. What sport do you enjoy the most?
Baseball was my first love. I played up until I turned 16 but I still love it and miss it every day.
10. If you could choose your age forever, what age would you want to be?
21 has been pretty cool so far. I wouldn’t mind staying this age for awhile.
11. What’s your favorite candy bar?
Reese’s is the bomb.
12. What’s one gift you will never forget?
Justin Moore gave me a customized AR-15 as a “thank you for touring with me” gift after we finished up the Off The Beaten Path tour. That was pretty cool.
13. What current event has your eyes and ears? What are you doing about it?
My grandmother passed away from pancreatic cancer a little over a year ago. I would love to start a charity dedicated to finding a cure, or fund one that’s already up and running. Maybe even play some shows…anything I can do to help fight such a awful disease.
14. Would you rather be the most popular or the smartest person on earth?
I would most definitely rather be the smartest.
15. If you could pick one, would you want to see the future or have the ability to change the past?
I don’t think I would want either. I’ve always been a live in the moment kind of person. The past is behind you and even if you could change it, it’s still behind you. I don’t think I want to know what’s coming in my future. I’ll take it as a surprise.
16. You’re making your favorite sandwich…what’s on it?
You can’t go wrong with a good ol’ PB and J.
17. Name one artist of any genre (besides country) who you are a fan of?
I’m a big fan of Bruno Mars. That guy is as talented as they come as a performer, songwriter and especially as a singer.
18. What makes you laugh out loud?
Movies like The Hangover and Dumb and Dumber usually get me laughing pretty good.
19. Fill in the blank: It’s not a party until…
Somebody plays 90’s country music
20. Fill in the blank: Country music has made me…
It sounds cheesy but it’s helped make me who I am today. I grew up on it and my dream was always to sing it, write it and play it. Now I’m getting to live that dream and I’m loving every second of it.
What artists should answer my #BreakingTheIce questions? Tweet me and let me know @brittwv.
Author: Brittany Vance
West Virginia born & bred living life in the DMV. I believe in kind hearts & strong drinks. Mom of two boys and Autism advocate. Music is not only powerful but magical. In the words of Merle Haggard: Good music will live forever. I am here to share that music with each of you.