Knoxville, TN native Logan Brill has a rare and indescribable vibe that surrounds her when she performs. Logan Brill’s music takes on classic country influences and mixes them with some funky alternative rock/blues effect. It’s not unreasonable to say there’s a mix of pop and folk influence in her repertoire as well. It’s the combination of genres and the almost flawless vocals that showcases Logan Brill as an exceptional talent and one to watch. Let’s get to know her a little better.
1. Where are you answering these questions from and what are you wearing?
I’m sitting on a Southwest flight headed to Portland, OR to kick off a Northwest run. Wearing my favorite leather jacket and my headphones. (Selfie feat. a photobomb by one of my band mates).
2. What’s your official title and favorite thing about what you do?
Logan Brill. My favorite thing about what I do is getting to travel to new places and getting to do something creative everyday.
3. What are three things you CANNOT live without?
Sleep, family time, and my GPS (I’m directionally challenged).
4. What’s the first concert you ever attended?
Celine Dion in Amsterdam when I was 8.
5. What’s the hardest part of being a female artist?
Having to explain why I need more time to get ready when my band has been ready for an hour.
6. What’s one life lesson you’ve learned as it pertains to music?
That people have more respect for you when you’re true to yourself.
7. Do you have a favorite restaurant or hang out spot in Music City?
Twin Kegs Karaoke Bar. Kitschy hole in the wall place with shuffle board and $7 pitchers of domestic beer. Doesn’t get better than that.
8. Beer or whiskey?
If Whiskey’s an option it’s always my go to.
9. Who is your favorite country singer from the 90s?
The Dixie Chicks
10. Out of all the songs you’ve written, do you have a favorite?
I don’t think I could pick a favorite…each of my songs has been a snapshot of an important thought or emotion in my life.
11. Do you have a favorite place to perform?
The Grand Ole Opry is hard to beat but it’s in a category all it’s own. If I’m playing a club, I love Joe’s Bar in Chicago.
12. What would you say has been the highlight of your career thus far?
Performing with Vince Gill at The Grand Ole Opry.
13. What current event has your eyes and ears? What are you doing about it?
I work with a charity out of Gardner, MA called the Montechussett Veterans Outreach Center. After meeting the director of the MVOC after a show and hearing his story I wanted to be able to give him my support. I recorded a song that’s become the theme of a new center for female veterans and all the proceeds from the downloads go straight back to the organization. The song is called “Wailing Wall” and you can download it here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/wailing-wall/id921908990?i=921908999
14. How do you think songwriters play a vital role in music today?
Songwriters, especially country writers, are storytellers that can make the mundane and ordinary seem extraordinary.
15. What’s one super power you wish you had?
I wish I could fly.
16. You’re making your favorite sandwich… what’s on it?
Cheese, cheese and more cheese.
17. Name one artist of any genre besides country that you are a fan of and tell us why?
I’m a huge fan of the band Dawes. They have such a unique sound and their lyrics are brilliant.
18. What makes you laugh out loud?
People with funny laughs.
19. Fill in the blank: I am happy when…
…I’m among friends.