Mississippi native and outdoorsman Buddy Brown has made a name for himself independently. He is living proof that an independent artist can have great success. His EP Keepin it Country debuted at #12 on iTunes Country. His down to earth persona and thriving work ethic is not only inspiring but admirable as well. Brown’s lyric video for “If This Country Still Had Balls” saw 4 Million views in just one month and over 170,000 shares. It showcases how an independent artist can still thrive solo. Buddy Brown continues to grow as an artist and writer and fans are loving it.
1. Where are you answering these questions and what are you wearing?
In a duck blind, camo and face paint.
2. What’s your official title and favorite thing about what you do?
Buddy Brown, playing pick up games of football with fans before my concerts.
3. What are THREE things you CANNOT live without?
God, my family and my friends.
4. What is the first concert you’ve ever attended?
Eric Church in 2006 for only 50 people!
5. How long have you been playing music?
Since I was three I’ve been singing. I picked up a guitar for the first time when I was 13. My dad said “this will last two weeks.”
6. What’s the hardest life lesson you’ve learned?
Some people will just never see eye to eye with you.
7. Do you have a favorite restaurant or hang out spot?
There’s a cajun place called The Big Easy that we go to a lot. It reminds me of back home in Mississippi.
8. Beer or whiskey?
At home, beer. Out camping – whiskey and cigars.
9. Who is your favorite country singer from the 90’s?
Charlie Daniels and Randy Travis.
10. If you could duet with any female artist, who would you pick and why?
Gretchen Wilson. I just understand her as an artist and she’d rather write a great real song than a great commercial hit. That’s how I am.
11. Do you have a favorite place to perform?
Outside – I’ve played at Talladega twice for 10-20,000 people and it’s the biggest high ever.
12. What’s one gift you will never forget?
My granddad’s pocket knife my dad gave me.
13. What current event has your eyes and ears? What are you doing about it?
I’m trying to do all I can to help raise awareness for returning soldiers and doing our part for their mental heath they receive when they get back home.
14. How do you think songwriters play a vital role in music today
They have a huge responsibility because a generation of kids will grow up singing their lyrics and melodies.
16. You’re making your favorite sandwich… what’s on it?
Brisket Sandwich with onions, hot peppers, and cheese.
17. Name one artist of any genre besides country that you are a fan of and tell us why?
Crowder, I was in Christian music for years before country.
18. What makes you laugh out loud?
My two boys.
19. Fill in the blank: It’s not a party until…
someone takes your truck keys.
20. Fill in the blank: Country music has made me…
What do you think of Buddy Brown? Leave us a comment and let us know!