Florida native Michael Ray just celebrated his first No. 1 with “Kiss You In The Morning” and it’s safe to say he is the hottest topic in country music at the moment. He just released his self titled album via Warner Bros Nashville which is currently available on iTunes. Ray brings a cool factor to country music. He is good looking and extremely talented. His down to earth personality also makes him relatable. Michael Ray is the total package.
1. Where are you answering these questions from and what are you wearing?
My manager’s office. T-shirt and jeans.
2. What’s your official title and favorite thing about what you do?
Official title: Singer. Favorite thing: Being on the road and meeting fans and watching the crowds grow.
3. What are three things you CANNOT live without?
Air, scientifically water if more than three days and my Jeep.
4. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Brush my teeth.
5. What’s your favorite cartoon character?
6. What’s the hardest life lesson you’ve learned?
How to be an adult.
7. How does it feel to have a No. 1 single? Did you celebrate?
Great! We did. We were in NYC and we played Good Morning America.
8. Beer or whiskey?
9. What’s your favorite country song from when you were a child?
“I Let Her Lie” Daryl Singletary
10. If you could choose your age forever, what age would you want to be?
Twenty-seven’s been pretty good.
11. What’s your favorite candy bar?
12. What’s one gift you will never forget?
My first guitar.
13. What current event has your eyes and ears? What are you doing about it?
St. Jude is really close to my heart and I like to visit when I can.
14.What’s one thing you hate but wished you loved?
15. What’s one super power you wish you had?
To control time.
16. You’re making your favorite sandwich…what’s on it?
Bread, cheese, meat and mustard.
17. Name one artist of any genre besides country that you are a fan of and tell us why?
I’ve been listening to a lot of Drake’s new record. I’m a big fan of his talent and songwriting.
18. What makes you laugh out loud?
My bass player.
19. Fill in the blank: It’s not a party until…
…the fans get there or my bass player gets drunk and starts doing his impressions.
20. Fill in the blank: Country music has made me…
Do you have a favorite Michael Ray song? Tweet me and let me know @brittwv.