Sarah Ross is a 20-year-old singer with amazing vocals, but that’s not all. Her rap bars are just as fiery. Signed to Average Joes Entertainment after the label head saw her on American Idol, she’s been catching the ears (and eyes) of fans all over. Born and raised in New Jersey, she’s tough and her music lets that be known. Ross is also a triple threat when you add that she’s a songwriter as well. Her EP Calm Before The Storm is currently available on iTunes.
1. Where are you answering these questions from and what are you wearing?
I’m sitting on my recliner in Nashville with my favorite Grateful Dead blanket watching Netflix and wearing sweatpants and a T-shirt. And of course my glasses so I can actually see what I’m watching on Netflix. (laughs)
2. What is your official title and favorite thing about what you do?
Sarah Ross is my “official title.” My favorite thing about what I do is traveling. I once read a quote that I think describes me perfectly… “I was born with a compass in my hand and a restless soul.”
3. Name three things you CANNOT live without?
Family, music and food
4. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
I wonder why my alarm clock is always going off so early.(laughs)
5. What’s your favorite cartoon character?
6. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
Christmas. I get to be around my entire family, eat a delicious home cooked meal, and duh because I still believe in Santa Claus.
7. Sweet or sour?
8. Beer or whiskey?
I turn 21 on October 7th, but if I had to choose, I’d say whiskey.
9. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
Chicken biscuit with jelly.
10. What’s your favorite Disney movie?
11. What’s your favorite candy bar?
12. What’s one gift you will never forget?
A scrapbook from a high school friend.
13. What current event has your eyes and ears?
The presidential election.
14. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Honestly, I couldn’t tell you.
15. What do you believe makes a successful life?
Love, truth, family and music.
16. What’s one thing you hate, but wished you loved?
I hate going and watching movies in a movie theater. I feel like I’m too hyper to be able to sit there quietly for two hours. (laughs) I am a fan of drive in movies though!
17. You’re making your favorite sandwich…what’s on it?
I grew up in an Italian family so I’d say hot capicola on white bread with cheese, mayo, and hot peppers. Yum.
18. Name one artists of any genre you would love to co-write with and why?
I’d love to co write with the Dirty Heads. A lot of people don’t know this but I am a HUGE reggae fan and I think their songs have such positive vibes and awesome grooves.
19. Fill in the blank: I write songs because…
I want to let my soul speak.
20. Fill in the blank: It’s not a party until…
…there’s lots of cheesy bread and loud music.
Do you have a favorite Average Joes Entertainment artist? Tweet me and let me know @brittwv.
Author: Brittany Vance
West Virginia born & bred living life in the DMV. I believe in kind hearts & strong drinks. Mom of two boys and Autism advocate. Music is not only powerful but magical. In the words of Merle Haggard: Good music will live forever. I am here to share that music with each of you.