North Carolina native Brian Davis has been on a roll lately, and by the looks of it, he isn’t slowing down anytime soon. His latest EP All About That Life was released in October and he co-wrote four songs on Brantley Gilbert’s Just As I Am album. Known for his rebellious tunes, Davis is real, raw and undeniably talented. Despite his outlaw image, he is the sweetest soul you could ever meet. Davis is a hugger, so don’t count on a hand shake…he hugs everyone he meets. His overall image is ideal. He is the true vision with which country music was created, but with a mentor like Harlan Howard (Yes! THE Harlan Howard. You know, he wrote that one song titled “I Fall to Pieces.”), I wouldn’t expect anything less.
1. Where are you answering these questions from & what are you wearing?
On the road writing with Lee Brice playing Hank Jr’s Gibson that Hank played on several tours.
2. What is your official title and favorite thing about what you do?
Artist/Writer -My favorite thing about my job is watching the fans light up over my music.
3. What are 3 things you CAN NOT live without?
God, music and family.
4. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Try to go back to sleep!
5. What’s your favorite cartoon character?
6. Are you a morning person or a night person?
7. Sweet or sour?
8. Small town or big city?
9. You’re making your drink of choice… what’s in it?
10. If you could choose your age forever, what age would you want to be?
11. What’s your favorite candy bar?
12. What’s one gift you will never forget?
My first guitar.
13. What current event has your eyes & ears? What are you doing about it?
My attention stays on the middle east and our soldiers that are constantly in harm’s way defending our freedom. I have lots of friends who serve and so I keep an eye on them the best I can from this side of the pond. I am a fan of Wounded Warriors and the great job they do of being there for our soldiers who have been sent home to be cared for after risking their lives for us. Bottom line in my book is see a soldier, thank a soldier.
14. Would you rather be the most popular person on earth or the smartest?
15. If you could pick one, would you want to see the future or have the ability to change the past?
See the future.
16. You’re making your favorite sandwich.. what’s on it?
1lb of peanut butter and 1lb of jelly.
17. What’s one artist of another genre that you are a fan of? Why?
Ray LaMontange…he is an amazing songwriter.
18. What makes you laugh out loud?
The movie Old School.
19. Fill in the blank: It’s not a party until..
Somebody cranks up some country music!!
20. Fill in the blank: Country music has made me..
A honkytonk junkie.
For all my local Maryland readers, Brian will be headlining Smithburg Pride Days in Smithsburg, MD this Saturday 5/16. You can purchase tickets via Bands In Town. Be sure to check back for my concert review, which I’m sure will include some crazy selfies from my time with these awesome fellas.
Do you have a favorite Brian Davis song? Tweet me @brittwv and let me know.
Author: Brittany Vance
West Virginia born & bred living life in the DMV. I believe in kind hearts & strong drinks. Mom of two boys and Autism advocate. Music is not only powerful but magical. In the words of Merle Haggard: Good music will live forever. I am here to share that music with each of you.