In 2003 Buddy Jewell competed on the TV show Nashville Star and won. His debut single “Help Pour Out The Rain (Lacey’s song)” was one of the biggest songs that year peaking at No. 3 on the country charts. He also gained another No. 3 hit with his single “Sweet Southern Comfort.” Jewell is prideful when it comes to his traditional country sound. He is everything country music was founded on. His smooth vocals and amazing song writing abilities are just a few of his strengths. His timeless sound is one that demands respect and admiration. Buddy Jewell is a classic artist with a classic sound and we sure could use more of that in country music today.
1. Where are you answering these questions from and what are you wearing?
In my office, wearing a 101st Airborne hat that General John Campbell gave me in Afghanistan and a Flipper’s T Shirt (great seafood in Orange Beach!).
2. What’s your official title and favorite thing about what you do?
LOL…an official title?? Recording Artist/Songwriter…I love meeting my fans!
3. What are three things you CANNOT live without?
Oxygen…oh, wait! OK…my Bible, chocolate and love.
4. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Use the bathroom!
5. What’s your favorite color?
6. What’s the hardest life lesson you’ve learned?
You can’t fully trust anyone except God.
7. Out of all the songs you’ve written, what’s your favorite?
“Help Pour Out The Rain ( Lacey’s Song)”
8. Beer or whiskey?
9. What’s your favorite country song from when you were a child?
“El Paso” by Marty Robbins
10. If you could choose your age forever, what age would you want to be?
11. What’s your favorite candy bar?
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
12. What’s one gift you will never forget?
My wife Tené surprised me with a Harley Davidson Road King Classic for Father’s Day in 2005.
13. What current event has your eyes and ears? What are you doing about it?
14.What’s one thing you hate but wished you loved?
Decorating for holidays.
15. Do you think country music should evolve?
Maybe…until it evolves into something that isn’t country. Then “it” needs to find someplace else to exist and get the hell off of my country radio stations!
16. You’re making your favorite sandwich, what’s on it?
I let Jet’s Pizza make me an Italian Sub…you’ll have to ask them!
17. Name one artist of any genre besides country that you are a fan of and tell us why?
James Taylor…love his music! So melodic!
18. What makes you laugh out loud?
Puppies and kittens 🙂
19. Fill in the blank: It’s not a party until…
…I get there!
20. Fill in the blank: Country music has made me…
…realize how blessed I am to get to be part of the community of artists and musicians.
Author: Brittany Vance
West Virginia born & bred living life in the DMV. I believe in kind hearts & strong drinks. Mom of two boys and Autism advocate. Music is not only powerful but magical. In the words of Merle Haggard: Good music will live forever. I am here to share that music with each of you.