North Carolina native and one of Country Music’s #CMchat 15 to watch in 2015, Chris Lane, is one up and coming artist who has sparked the attention of country music fans all over the world. Between his good looks and his rockin’ country sound, he is a star in the making. Chris recently signed with Big Loud Mountain Records where he is currently working on his first EP with producer Joey Moi. He has opened up for artists such as Florida Georgia Line, Chris Young & Brantley Gilbert. Chris is a passionate artist with a high energy show. His sound blends together country with a touch of rock and roll. Chris Lane is an undeniable talent.
1. Where are you answering these questions from and what are you wearing?
CL: Sitting in the studio, here in Nashville and wearing some pretty snazzy camo pants I just bought.
2. What is your official title and favorite thing about what you do?
CL: Singer/songwriter. I love traveling all over the U.S and getting to meet new people.
3. What are three things you CAN NOT live without?
CL: In no particular order, a Chik-Fil-A cookies n’ creme milkshake, The Bible and Carolina Panthers football.
4. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
CL: I usually read my devotional, The One Year Uncommon Life Daily Challenge by Tony Dungy.
5. What’s your favorite cartoon character?
CL: I grew up wanting to be a Ninja Turtle.
6. Are you a morning person or a night person?
CL: Definitely a night person.
7. Sweet or sour?
8. Naughty or nice?
9. Beer or whiskey?
CL: I am actually not much of a drinker, so let’s just say whiskey.
10. If you could choose your age forever, what age would you want to be?
CL: Probably somewhere around 23, I had just finished my college baseball career, so I was in great shape and I could still eat whatever I wanted to!
11. What’s your favorite candy bar?
12. What’s one gift you will never forget?
CL: My parents gave me a guitar, I believe it was for Christmas. That gift has now led to a new career for me.
13. What current event has your eyes and ears and what are you doing about it?
CL: I just became a Partner In Hope with St Jude. That’s a special place filled with a lot of beautiful people. I’m happy I can be a small help.
14. Would you rather be the most popular or the smartest person in the world?
CL: Well in my line of work, the most popular would definitely help prolong my career but maybe being the smartest person would give me a competitive advantage… it’s a toss up.
15. Would you rather have the gift to see change the past?
CL: I would love to be able to see into the future!
16. You are making your favorite sandwich, what’s on it?
CL: I am a simple guy, I love the classics. Either peanut butter & jelly or grilled cheese.
17. Name one artist of any genre (besides country) that you are a fan of?
CL: I did a tour with Nelly, who I’ve always been a fan of and I would also go with Usher. After country music, I start leaning towards some R&B.
18. What makes you laugh out loud?
CL: When I’m scrolling through Instagram and I see animals talking in human voices, that’s when I lose it!
19. Fill in the blank: It’s not a party until….
CL: we plug in our playlist in the vibe room, right before I take the stage.
20. Fill in the blank: Country music has made me…
CL: A lot of new friends and a whole new career path.
For more information on Chris Lane, visit his official website.
Do you have a favorite artist you want to see answer my #breakingtheice questions? Tweet me @brittwv and let me know. the future or the ability to
Author: Brittany Vance
West Virginia born & bred living life in the DMV. I believe in kind hearts & strong drinks. Mom of two boys and Autism advocate. Music is not only powerful but magical. In the words of Merle Haggard: Good music will live forever. I am here to share that music with each of you.