In honor of next week’s 8/18 #CMChat with Chuck Wicks, we decided we wanted our audience to get to know the man behind “Us Again” and “Stealing Cinderella” a little better. We already know he’s a talented musician and pretty easy on the eyes, but did you know that Chuck is also an athlete, philanthropist and radio personality?
Without further ado, we give you “Get to Know Chuck Wicks in 7 Quick Clicks.”
1. Chuck the Musician – The musician is why most of us know and love Chuck Wicks. From his breakthrough hit “Stealing Cinderella” to his recent single “Us Again,” Chuck is a talented singer, songwriter and all-around artist. He’s written songs that have been recorded by Steve Holy and Jason Aldean, and he’s currently working on a follow up to his Rough EP, which was released in 2013.
2. Chuck the Radio Personality – In 2013, New York’s NASH-FM launched America’s Morning Show, which had Chuck in the role of morning show co-host alongside the likes of Terri Clark and Blair Garner. Today, that show is syndicated across the United States, bring Chuck the Radio Personality into listeners’ lives every single morning.
3. Chuck the Athlete – Growing up, Chuck Wicks was a former college baseball player at Florida Southern College with big league dreams. However, music stole his attention and heart and the rest is history. Yet, he still loves sports, playing in City of Hope’s Softball Game every year and working out alongside the likes of NFL Star Eric Decker.
4. Chuck the Philanthropist – Prior to this year’s City of Hope Softball game, Chuck held a StageIt show that raised over $4,000 for City of Hope, which raises money for those with life-threatening diseases. He also recently took part in the 8th Annual Craig Morgan Charity Event, which helps foster children in Middle Tennessee.
5. Chuck the Dog Lover – If you follow Chuck on social media or listen to America’s Morning show, it’s clear that the loves of his lives are his dogs. He often posts photos of his King Charles Cavalier Spaniels Cooper & Duke, and they’re about as adorable as dogs can get.
6. Chuck the Selfie King – If you follow Chuck on Instagram, you’ll see that he’s a pro at the selfie. He’s such a pro that his America’s Morning Show co-stars have begun calling them “Chuckies.”
7. Chuck the Outdoorsman – The dude loves hunting, fishing and everything involving being outside, including whatever it is one does while wearing one of these scary helmets.
And a Bonus!
Chuck the Dancer – While Chuck may be known for his voice, it turns out that the guy’s also got some impressive moves. In 2009, he strutted his stuff on the dance floor, appearing on Season 8 of Dancing With the Stars. Along with Julianne Hough, Chuck finished a respectable 6th before being eliminated by the dreaded cha-cha-cha.
And listen to Chuck’s single “Us Again” here!
Follow me on Twitter @NicolePiering
For a complete #CMchat schedule, check out our calendar here: cmchatlive.com/calendar
Interested in being a #CMchat sponsor? Find out how you can sponsor a #CMchat feature or advertise with #CMchat here!