This Country Music Chart is based and sourced entirely from Twitter activity, including Tweets and engagement that detect and surface the most popular tracks and emerging artists. It can change even while I am putting this post up because it’s based on artist’s most tweeted about new song. I keep my eye on the data all week long to see if there are any changes day to day.
- Although this week only brought us very subtle changes in the Top 10-20, the biggest story is the emergence of Colt Ford, who ONLY released “The High Life” featuring Chase Rice to SiriusXM The Highway. Way to go satellite, organic and itunes only. Obviously with more than a quarter of a million Twitter Followers, 1.3 Million Facebook fans, 14.4 Million youtube uploads it’s easy to see how Country Music Maverick Colt Ford can OWN the conversation online!
- Luke Bryan stays steady at Number 2 cause he’s the poo, with Like We Aint Ever from new released Spring Break 6 EP.
- Hunter Hayes was #10 spot with Invisible 2 weeks ago, then debuted last week with Wild Card in the #1 positions this week it falls to #3.
- ACM Awards Male Artist of the Year Nominee Lee Brice stays steady at #4 with I Don’t Dance.
- Breaking and entering the chart this week at #5 are UMG Artists The Secret Sisters with song Luka. This is why I love this Twitter chart, I hadn’t heard of this Muscle Shoals duo before but through Twitter discovery, and a recommendation from T Bone Burnett on their Twitter Bio stating “They are a breath of fresh air,” I had to check them out. You should too. They have a new album coming out in April called, “Put Your Needle Down.”
- Martina McBride shows up this week at #6 with Come See About Me from her upcoming Everlasting album due out April. See pre-sale link below!
- Randy Rogers Band, Satellite in true Texas fashion to 2 step all over the chart. So the first week I started this was #1 dropped to 10th spot and now Lucky #7.
- TV Show Nashville He Ain’t Gonna Change featuing Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere drops from 3rd spot to #8 this week
- Jerrod Niemann Donkey #9 which isn’t even the single from his new album High Noon is due to release next week. You can follow his Journey to High Noon here and check out the review that Scotty Bredin did today.
- Last but DEFINITELY not least is the amazing Jo Dee Messina with A Woman’s Rant from her new album Me that released this week! The song has stayed steady in the top 15 for a couple weeks now and lands at #10 this week. Be sure to check out the #CMchat EXCLUSIVE interview Jen Swirsky did with Jo Dee and watch for the review later today!
-Last week Sara Evans was #5 with Put My Heart Down but shows up this week with Not Over You #13. Sara’s new album Slow Me Down dropped last month Februart 25 so this (LW 5/TW 13), excited the top 10 but with this weeks chart number next to their name it’s easy to see it was just a subtle slip.
-Technically Dierks Bentley debuts this week at #12 with Hurt Somebody after #9 last week with Drunk on Plane. This is an example of people sampling his new album Riser and talking about it on Twitter since the algorithm is set to pick up the newest most talked about song from an artist.
-Miranda Lambert, Automatic (LW #7/TW #11), Eric Paslay Song About a Girl (LW #8/TW#15)
T.G.I-MustTweet! Hope you had a great week. Here are the songs that are topping your Country Tweets:
What’t topping your chart? Take our #CMchat poll below!
#1 Colt Ford – The High Life featuring Chase Rice
#3 Hunter Hayes – Wild Card
#4 Lee Brice – I Don’t Dance
#5 The Secret Sisters – Luka
#8 Nashville Cast – He Ain’t Gonna Change
#9 Jerrod Niemann – Donkey
#10 Jo Dee Messina – A Woman’s Rant
Agree, or disagree this is how your tweets on Twitter played out today, this week in real time, automated by Twitter #Music.
Follow CMchatLIVE.com Creater/Founder Jessica Northey
#CMchat Twitterviews are Mondays from 6-7pmPT on Twitter
For a complete schedule go to cmchatlive.com/calendar
Find out how you can sponsor any features on this website or advertise with CMchat!