The “Ice Bucket Challenge” movement for the ALS Association has gone viral on social media. Some of our favorite country music stars have accepted the challenge of dumping buckets of ice cold water over their heads to raise awareness and show their support for finding a cure for Lou Gehrig’s disease. To participate in the challenge, it is quite simple: Pour a bucket of ice water over your head and nominate others to do the same. Oh, and it’s much more interesting when you have a video to show for it.
Some of today’s hottest country stars have called on their peers to check “participation in this challenge” off their [ice] bucket lists, and we have some of the best videos here. Find out which of your favorites have taken the initiative to raise awareness and join the movement.
1. Cole Swindell is certainly “Chillin’ It”:
2. Luke Bryan accepted Cole’s challenge … chances are he was shakin’ [it] afterward:
We’re still waiting on you, Charles Kelley!
3. Lee Brice may not dance, but he is certainly willing to dump:
Where you at, Tyler Farr, Jon Stone, Randy Houser, and Jerrod Niemann?
4. Chase Rice was definitely ready and set to roll with accepting the challenge:
5. And Dierks Bentley was clearly 5-1-5-0 when he immediately jumped on the bandwagon, courtesy of Chase:
And now we wait for Jaren Johnson from The Cadillac Three and Kip Moore to accept Dierks’ challenge and keep the chain going!
6. Rodney Atkins took a break from cleaning his gun to cool off:
And Rose went through hell and kept on going … by challenging our very own Jessica Northey! That video is HERE! Find out who Jessica challenged next …
Follow me on Twitter @JenSwirsky
For a complete #CMchat schedule, check out our calendar here: cmchatlive.com/calendar
Interested in being a #CMchat sponsor? Find out how you can sponsor a #CMchat feature or advertise with #CMchat here!