Over the last two weeks, the ALS Association has seen an incredible influx in donations to support its efforts to raise awareness and funds for Lou Gehrig‘s disease research. According to the ALS website:
Between July 29 and today, August 12, The ALS Association and its 38 chapters have received an astonishing $4 million in donations compared to $1.12 million during the same time period last year. The ALS Association is incredibly grateful for the outpouring of support from those people who have been doused, made a donation, or both.
To contribute to this incredible cause, you can click here to make a donation and have a hand in finding a cure for this devastating disease.
Since our last post a couple of days ago showing several artists who: accepted challenges, soaked themselves in ice water, made generous donations, and passed the challenges on to their friends in the industry, many more country music artists have followed suit. Without further ado, we present the second installment of 7 Quick and Cold Clicks!
1. Jana Kramer still believes in love and showing her support for others, as she accepted the challenge, donated money, got doused, and then adorably screeched for a bit:
2. Dan Smyers of Dan + Shay was challenged by Jana … hopefully the ice water cooled him down during this “summer of 19 you and me”:
3. Dan called out his longtime friend, Cassadee Pope, and we’re pretty sure she wishes she could break his heart (among other things) right about now! Oh, and hey Kip Moore hey! Why are you so dry?!
4. Tim McGraw just wrapped his tour (with Cassadee and Kip as openers) and Keith Urban clearly thought Tim needed to cool off after the #SundownHeavenTown Tour:
5. Speaking of Keith, this American Idol judge took the plunge like a polar bear in Australia:
6. And while we’re on the topic of singing competition judges, Brad Paisley took a break from pulling pranks on his record label to pulling his weight in supporting ALS:
7. Lastly, we are going to give you four for the price of one. Little Big Town accepted Dustin Lynch’s challenge and likely had to start day drinking in preparation for this:
Bonus: Jessica Northey accepts Rose Falcon’s challenge … and then challenges a plethora of people:
Thank you to all of these amazing country stars who have continued to show their support and who have kept the chain going. In the wise words of Clay Walker, “don’t let the chain of love end with you.” Remember, you can always make donations (as linked above) to help raise funds for research to #StrikeOutALS.
Follow me on Twitter @JenSwirsky
For a complete #CMchat schedule, check out our calendar here: cmchatlive.com/calendar
Interested in being a #CMchat sponsor? Find out how you can sponsor a #CMchat feature or advertise with #CMchat here!