Georgia native Destin Bennett is a hard-working man. He continues to work hard in the construction industry all the while building his dream of musicianship. A fresh new face on the scene, Bennett is making waves within the industry. A distinct smooth vocal range with a modern day edge, Bennett is something special!
1. Where are you answering these questions from & what are you wearing?
Home. Currently in workout clothes just left the gym.
2. What’s your official title and favorite thing about what you do?
I just enjoy performing and recording music that’s relatable and that people hopefully want to hear.
3. What are 3 things you CANNOT live without?
Cell Phone, Food, and a 90’s country playlist
4. What’s the first concert you’ve ever attended?
I was 10 years old, it was a show that I was a part of as an opening act for Sawyer Brown and Toby Keith. I remember thinking how cool it was being able to sing on the same stage as them.
5. How long have you been playing music?
I’ve been singing for over 20 years.
6. What’s the hardest life lesson you’ve learned?
Whatever you’re going after, go after it 100% learn as much as you can about it so that you don’t get taken advantage of.
7. Do you have a favorite restaurant or hang out spot in music city?
There are so many cool spots in Nashville it’s hard to say if you’re looking for something fun to do it won’t be hard to find.
8. If you could duet with any female artist, who would you pick and why?
It would be a toss-up between Allison Kraus, Maren Morris, and Carrie Underwood. All three of these ladies are powerhouse vocalists.
9. Who is your favorite country singer from the 90s?
I’d have to go with Garth Brooks and Travis Tritt these guys were major musical influences to me.
10. Besides music, do you have any other talents or hobbies?
Fishing, Four wheeling and cruising on the Harley.
11. Beer or whiskey?
That’s situational lol
12. What’s one gift you will never forget?
I was given a Martin guitar by a person in the music industry who I highly respected.
13. What current event has your eyes and ears? What are you doing about it?
The American Cancer Society – Relay for Life. They do great things for people. I’ve performed at many of their events in Georgia. If they need me I’m there.
14. How do you think songwriters play a vital role in music today?
They are the industry, without the writers, I’d just be a singer without a song and that would be a tough show to put on.
15. What’s one superpower you wish you had?
I guess to fly, it would save on airfare.
16. You’re making your favorite sandwich… what’s on it?
I always have liked a BLT but it’s hard to beat a banana and peanut butter sandwich.
17. Name one artist of any genre besides country that you are a fan of and tell us why
There are many but I’d say Otis Redding is at the top of the list, when you hear his music you feel it and that’s the type of music I want to make.
18. What makes you laugh out loud?
Anything funny. Next question lol
19. Fill in the blank: It’s not a party until…
You’ve TCB (taken care of business).
20. Fill in the blank: Country music inspires me because …
It’s real and it takes you somewhere.