Ok, Florida Georgia Line fans. It’s time for all of us to get excited. Your boys, FGL, announced this morning on “Good Morning America’s” Summer Concert Series that their sophomore album will be released on October 14 (Heck yes!). The duo again is teaming up with Joey Moi who will produce the 12 track album titled “Anything Goes”.
When discussing the album details to the Associated Press, Brian Kelley says, “We took all that good energy and the success that (the fans) have given us and put it into making this next record, and I think it shows,” Kelley said. “There’s a couple sad songs, there’s a couple that make you think, but at the same time it’s a party album. It’s a feel-good album. Right when you get to the last song you’re going to want to start it all over again. It’s right exactly 100 percent where we are in our lives.”
Fans can expect the “Cruise” singers to do much of the same as we’re all used to hearing the duo do, but at the same time will see them push the envelope a little further on this next album. “Sun Daze” is said to have the potential to be a summertime smash, but could also be received as too ill-suited for country or mainstream radio due to the fact that the song is completely about getting high on marijuana and doesn’t hide it in the least bit. As to other boundaries being pushed, Kelley adds, “We just pushed really hard — little melody changes, adding little things here, an 808 drop there, a breakdown here, a different guitar lick there, whatever it may be, we really spent a lot of time on the little details.
Surely most of the country critics out there are going to have a lot to say about this album. And unfortunately it will most likely be negative since a lot of country critics don’t like the direction mainstream county is going. But one thing is for sure. It’s the fans’ opinions, and only theirs, that matter. And as for your FGL boys? That’s all they care about and aren’t offended by the naysayers. “We’re not offended by all the fans showing up and having a good time at our shows at all,” Kelley tells Rolling Stone, while giving a grin.
Now if you’re wondering if FGL can follow up the record breaking successes of their debut album, “Here’s To The Good Times”, I would say it’s safe to say that it is a down right guarantee. I mean the first single off the upcoming, “Dirt”, sold more than 200,000 copies in its first week alone. And as I said last week, “I confidently believe this next album will do almost as well, if not better, than the first.” I still stand by that statement.
The track list for Anything Goes is as follows:
1. “Anything Goes” (Felix McTeigue, Chris Tompkins, Craig Wiseman)
2. “Sun Daze” (Cary Barlowe, Jesse Frasure, Sarah Buxton, Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley)
3. “Good Good” (Cary Barlowe, Jesse Frasure, Sarah Buxton, Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley)
4. “Dirt” (Chris Tompkins, Rodney Clawson)
5. “Smile” (Chris DeStefano, Dallas Davidson, Ashley Gorley)
6. “Sippin’ On Fire” (Rodney Clawson, Matt Dragstrem, Cole Taylor)
7. “Smoke” (Josh Kear, Chris Tompkins)
8. “Bumpin’ The Night” (Bart Allmand, Chris Tompkins, Rodney Clawson)
9. “Angel” (Rodney Clawson, Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Ross Copperman)
10. “Confession” (Rodney Clawson, Ross Copperman, Matt Jenkins)
11. “Like You Ain’t Even Gone” (Chris Tompkins, Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Rodney Clawson)
12. “Every Night” (Chris DeStefano, Ashley Gorley, Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley)