The gap between country music stars and pop stars is becoming smaller and smaller these days. Not just in the sound of music, but in the relationships. And some of these relationships will leave you scratching your head asking “WTF”?
1. I’ll break you in with Dan + Shay since they’re borderline in the pop world anyway, so it’s not a huge surprise they’ve been seen hanging out with Justin Bieber. Plus the girl’s face accurately portrays how I feel about it.
2. And in not so shocking news we have Blake Shelton and Adam Levine. But their bromance is too deep to not mention.
3. As tempting as it was to include Florida Georgia Line and Nelly, I remembered Tim McGraw was the original trail blazer with that friendship. And that happened way before it was cool.
4. Then there’s Grammy Award winning country singer/songwriter Kacey Musgraves and her bestie relationship with one of the biggest pop stars in the world, Katy Perry. This friendship took flight when Katy invited Kacey to be HER opening act on her massive world tour.
5. Leave it to Big & Rich to reach out to rap superstar Iggy Azalea and have her actually respond back. That’s legit.
— IGGY AZALEA (@IGGYAZALEA) December 9, 2014
6. This photo of Lady Gaga and her boyfriend with Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood just proves that literally everyone on the face of the planet is a fan of royal country couple.
7. And this might not be a full blown friendship, but when Little Big Town and Pop songtress Ariana Grande hit the CMA stage it was still a moment in country music that had us all wondering how on earth the two worlds combined…or more importantly why.