Georgia native Gannon Adams is a fresh face to many country music fans. However, what most don’t know is that he has been singing since he was five years old. Adams grew up listening to artists such as Garth Brooks, Travis Tritt and Merle Haggard. At the age of 13 he picked up a guitar and began playing and never looked back. All his hard work paid off because in 2012 he got to open up for the legendary Merle Haggard. Adams new album Tailgate High is currently available and is full of upbeat tracks that are perfect for dirt road shindigs. Gannon Adams is a breathe of fresh air, that’s for sure.
1. Where are you answering these questions from and what are you wearing?
I’m sitting at my kitchen table drinking coffee.
2. What is your official title and favorite thing about what you do?
I don’t know if I have a title (laughs) but my favorite thing about what I do is playing music and knowing that to someone that music means something to that person. If a song of mine can touch just one individual, that makes what I do so enjoyable.
3. Name three things you CANNOT live without?
My phone, my guitar and my truck.
4. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Check my emails.
5. What’s your favorite cartoon character?
(laughs) I guess I would say Charlie Brown.
6. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
Halloween, just cause fall is in the air and fall is my favorite time of year, plus it means hunting season is here too.
7. Sweet or sour?
8. What’s your favorite cereal?
Cinnamon Toast Crunch
9. Are you spontaneous or do you always have to have a plan?
I like to have plans when it comes to something important to make sure I’m on time. I can’t stand being late but when it comes to fun, I’m def spontaneous.
10. What is your favorite movie?
11. What’s your favorite candy bar?
Hershey’s with almonds
12. What’s one gift you will never forget?
My first pickup truck.
13. Do you have a life motto?
No life motto that really sticks out to me. I just feel a man or woman should work hard for what they want.
14. What current event has your eyes and ears? What are you doing about it?
Probably the splitting of Miranda and Blake even though I don’t much care and that’s their business. I hear about it everywhere. (laughs)
15. What do you believe makes a successful life?
Hard work and love for your family.
16. You’re making your favorite sandwich…what’s on it?
Three pieces of toast, turkey, ham, mayonnaise, lettuce and regular lays potato chips.
17. Name one artist of any genre you would love to duet with and tell us why?
I’m gonna say Taylor Swift. She is an incredible writer and I have always been a fan of her music and writing. I think it would be cool to write a duet with her.
18. What makes you laugh out loud?
Anything funny. Especially when I get with my crazy friends. They always keep me laughing more so when we all have had a drink or two.
19. Fill in the blank: Country music has made me…
A better person not only for myself but towards others as well.
20. Fill in the blank: It’s not a party until…
You surround yourself with good people.
Do you have a favorite Gannon Adams song? Tweet me and let me know @brittwv.
Looking to further his career in country music, Gannon Adams is participating in the Cumulus Media Nash Next competition. If the artist makes it into the top 100, they will participate in different challenges from now until December, with eliminations happening after each challenge. The top 10 winners will go on the NashNext tour in 2016 and the top winner will receive a recording contract with Big Machine Records and be the winner of Season 1 of Nash Next! If you would like to help Adams continue in this competition, visit www.nashnextcountry.com and click “Register as a Fan” and go to his profile and click “Vote for this Band.”
Author: Brittany Vance
West Virginia born & bred living life in the DMV. I believe in kind hearts & strong drinks. Mom of two boys and Autism advocate. Music is not only powerful but magical. In the words of Merle Haggard: Good music will live forever. I am here to share that music with each of you.