Heidi Newfield is beautiful, talented and sassy. She’s the lead singer of the group Trick Pony as well as a solo artist. Newfield remains true to her country sound and has one exceptionally authentic voice. Country music certainly needs more of her.
1.Where are you answering these questions from and what are you wearing?
From my bed in my tour bus on the road. (Somewhere in the Midwest)
2. What is your official title and favorite thing about what you do?
I am the lead singer of Trick Pony and on occasion on my own, a song writer, and a musician. My favorite thing about all of that is I’m living my dream.
3. Name 3 things you CANNOT live without?
I can’t live without God, my family and friends, and music. (And my dog Cash!)
4. What’s the first thing you do in the morning?
First thing I do in the morning is hit the snooze button. Then, coffee!
5. What’s your favorite cartoon character?
6. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
Christmas, because being home with my loved ones, and cooking together, drinking good wine together, celebrating the spirit of Christ is the best. Plus, everyone is just nicer during the holidays.
7. Sweet or sour?
8. What’s your favorite cereal?
9. Are you spontaneous or do you always need to have a plan?
10. What is your favorite Disney movie?
Cinderella or Pirates of the Caribbean.
11. What’s your favorite candy bar?
12. What’s one gift you will never forget?
My first guitar, from my mom.
13. What current event has your eyes and ears? What are you doing about it?
I’m active in the Wounded Warrior Project, Multiple Sclerosis Society, ASPCA, and anything to help fight cancer.
14. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
I‘ve never counted, but it’s easily over 200 pair, if you include the boots.
15. What do you believe makes a successful life?
Following your heart and not being afraid of working hard to fulfill your dreams makes a successful life. Happiness=success.
16. You’re making your favorite sandwich…what’s on it?
Probably a roasted turkey sandwich on wheat with Havarti cheese, avocado, light mayo, onion, tomato, and lettuce.
17. Name one artist of any genre you would love to duet with and tell us why?
Bruno Mars, because he’s a bad ass musically and understands the importance and artistry of entertaining an audience.
18. What makes you laugh out loud?
Bathroom humor will almost never NOT be funny to me!
19. Fill in the blank: Country music has made me…
learn how to tell stories about life through song.
20. Fill in the blank: It’s not a party until…
somebody has to call Uber.