Kristian Bush has well established himself as a bonafide solo artist since his former duo, Sugarland, took a hiatus so he and partner Jennifer Nettles could explore individual opportunities. With singles like “Trailer Hitch,” fans of Kristian have been chomping at the bit, waiting for information on when they can expect more music from the multi-faceted artist.
Today, those details emerged and it was announced that April 7th is the official release date of Southern Gravity on Streamsound Records. In discussing his upcoming solo project, Kristian stated:
I love this album. The songs on “Southern Gravity” feel like home to me, and I am proud and excited to share them, finally. They are your stories as much as they are mine, and I hope you hear yourself in here, no matter if you are standing up, falling down, or dancing in between the pieces of your life.
The full album track listing is as follows:
- Make Another Memory (Kristian Bush/Jeff Cohen/Rodney Clawson)
- Light Me Up (Kristian Bush/Jesse Rice)
- Trailer Hitch (Kristian Bush/Brandon Bush/Tim Owens)
- Southern Gravity (Kristian Bush/Scooter Carusoe)
- Flip Flops (Kristian Bush/Jeff Cohen/Paul Overstreet)
- Giving It Up (Kristian Bush/Jeff Cohen/Tom Douglas)
- Feeling Fine California (Kristian Bush/Jeff Cohen/Paul Overstreet)
- Waiting On An Angel (Kristian Bush/Jeff Cohen/Bob DiPiero)
- Walk Tall (Kristian Bush/Jeff Cohen/Nathaniel “Bo” Rinehart/William “Bear” Rinehart)
- Sending You A Sunset (Kristian Bush/Tim Owens)
- Sweet Love (Kristian Bush/Sherrie Austin/Phil Barton/Jeff Cohen)
- House On A Beach (Kristian Bush/Canaan Smith)
Watch Kristian Bush’s “Trailer Hitch” video
Download Kristian Bush’s “Trailer Hitch”
Kristian has been leaving his mark on music for more than two decades. The singer, songwriter, producer and multi-instrumentalist started his career with folk-rock duo Billy Pilgrim in the early ‘90s, releasing a much-lauded pair of albums for Atlantic Records (self-titled debut and BLOOM). In 2004, he exploded onto the country music scene with Sugarland, surpassing sales of over 22 million albums worldwide, achieving five No. 1 singles and winning numerous awards, including GRAMMYs, AMAs, ACMs, CMT Music Awards and CMAs. To date, Bush has garnered six BMI Awards for his songwriting, and in 2011 he founded the music publishing company and songwriting collective Songs of the Architect, collaborating with Matt Nathanson, the dB’s, Martin Johnson of Boys Like Girls, Pretty Little Liars star Lucy Hale and more.