After Setting an ACM Record, Miranda Lambert Reveals More About Her Record Platinum including tracklist and pre-sale link below
“Platinum is my hair color, and my wedding ring, and the color of my Airstream and the name of one of my favorite beers. It’s about a lifestyle.”
….it also resembles the color of the many ACM Awards Miranda Lambert won last night in Las Vegas. She performed her new single “Automatic,” paid tribute Merle Haggard with another hero George Strait, and won her fifth consecutive Female Vocalist of the Year award, setting an ACM record for the most consecutive wins in that category. Mrs Shelton, took home 3 Awards, with the addition of wins for Single Record of the Year (“Mama’s Broken Heart”) and Vocal Event of the Year, together with Keith Urban, for “We Were Us.”
“Tonight has not sunken even begun to in yet. It probably won’t for a week” said an exuberant Miranda. “I can’t believe that this is my job. I got a picture with George Strait and Garth Brooks, I hung out with Trisha Yearwood and practically stalked Faith Hill, it was a great night,” she laughed.
With the June 3 release of her new album, Platinum, now less than two months away, Miranda is eager for fans to hear the album, which features several guest artists. As previously announced, Carrie Underwood joins on “Somethin’ Bad,” a song written by Chris DeStefano, Brett James and Priscilla Renea.
“I’m a huge fan of Carrie Underwood. She’s such a badass singer,” Miranda said. “This rocker came across as I was listening to songs, and I decided to send it to her. To me, this song meshes our styles, you know? It gives her time to be ‘Before He Cheats’ Carrie, and it gives me time to take off running and jump to hit some of those high notes.”
1. Girls – Nicolle Galyon/Natalie Hemby/Jimmy Robbins
2. Platinum – Miranda Lambert/Nicolle Galyon/Natalie Hemby
3. Little Red Wagon – Audra Mae/Joe Ginsberg
4. Smokin’ and Drinkin’ (feat. Little Big Town) – Natalie Hemby/Luke Laird/Shane McAnally
5. Priscilla – Nicolle Galyon/Natalie Hemby/Jimmy Robbins
6. Automatic – Miranda Lambert/Nicolle Galyon/Natalie Hemby
7. Bathroom Sink – Miranda Lambert
8. Old Sh!t – Brent Cobb/Neil Mason
9. All That’s Left (feat. The Time Jumpers) – Dixie Hall/Tom T. Hall
10. Gravity Is a B**ch – Miranda Lambert/Scotty Wray
11. Babies Makin’ Babies – Nicolle Galyon/Natalie Hemby/Jimmy Robbins
12. Somethin’ Bad (duet with Carrie Underwood) – Chris DeStefano/Brett James/Priscilla Renea
13. Holding On to You – Miranda Lambert/Jessi Alexander/Ashley Monroe
14. Two Rings Shy – Miranda Lambert/Brandy Clark/Heather Little
15. Hard Staying Sober – Miranda Lambert/Natalie Hemby/Luke Laird
16. Another Sunday in the South – Miranda Lambert/Jessi Alexander/Ashley Monroe
Platinum will be released June 3 and can be preordered now on iTunes right now!
But wait….there’s more.
One of Miranda’s favorite bands, Little Big Town, guests on “Smokin’ and Drinkin’.”
“I’m obsessed with Little Big Town,” said Miranda. “They got pitched this song, too, but I got it first. Karen told me, ‘You have a song I want!’ So I said, ‘If I cut it, will y’all sing on it?’ This was at the CMT Awards, just joking around in the dressing room. But when I went in to record it, I thought, ‘If Little Big Town wants to sing on my record, we are damn sure taking advantage of it!’ I can’t even imagine what it would sound like without them.”
Another guest appearance comes courtesy of The Time Jumpers on “All That’s Left.”
“Another one of my favorite songs on the record… okay, they’re all my favorites!” said Miranda. “I went to see Beyoncé in Dallas, and I was driving home the next day by myself, listening to Bluegrass Junction on SiriusXM. I heard this song, and I immediately loved it. We decided to record it western swing and get cool harmonies, and have fiddles, which meant we had to have The Time Jumpers on it. They’re the most talented people in the whole world, in one band. It’s ridiculous.”
And now something fun with Miranda and Keith Urban from last night.