#ThereSheIs … one of these women will be crowed Miss America 2016 and I’ll be there working with Dick Clark Productions in New Jersey (Atlantic City) with live coverage from Red Carpet to Crowing. Looking forward to seeing Judge Brett Eldredge and talking to him about his new album Illinois, as well a few other celebrities. You can follow me on Twitter/Periscope @JessicaNorthey and watch live on ABC Television Network Sunday Sept 13. Also be looking for our #HeySTAR! community questions throughout the live airing on ABC. You can vote for your favorite contestent in America’s vote on Twitter and Facebook using “State + #MissAmericaVote”.
This year, the Miss America Organization is celebrating their 95th Anniversary, making it the longest running competition show in TV history. “The 2016 Miss America Competition” returns to Atlantic City’s Boardwalk Hall on SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 13 (9:00 – 11:00 PM ET) on the ABC Television Network.
Here are some impressive facts about 2015 Miss America Kira Kazantsev:
- Kira travels 20,000 miles a month to speak to audiences about her platform “Love Shouldn’t Hurt: Protecting Women Against Domestic Violence” She also acts as the official National Goodwill Ambassador the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and as an advocate for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) initiatives in education.
- On September 14, 2014, Kira made history by becoming the 3rd consecutive Miss New York to be crowned Miss America.
- She is a graduate of Hofstra University where she held a triple major in Political Science, Global Studies and Geography.
- Her goal is to obtain a juris doctorate and a master’s degree in business administrations. She’s already been accepted at the University of Notre Dame Law School.
- She is trilingual, speaking English, Russian and Spanish.
The 2016 Miss America Competition will air live on ABC at 9 pm ET. Preliminary nights are being held September 8th, 9th, 10th all at 7 pm ET inside of Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, NJ. Additionally September 12th is the “Show us your Shoes” Parade 5 pm ET. Tickets available via Ticketmaster.