Illinois native Mo Pitney started playing music at a very young age, which could explain why he is so talented today. At age six he learned how to play drums and by age 12 he picked up his first guitar. Signed to Curb Records, Pitney released his debut single “Country” in 2014. The song describes the country singer perfectly, however, I had some questions for him myself.
1. Where are you answering these questions from and what are you wearing?
We’re at a band rehearsal and I’m wearing a James Taylor T-shirt, jeans, tennis shoes, and a hat.
2. What is your official title and favorite thing about what you do?
Singer/songwriter and I love to perform live.
3. What are 3 things you CANNOT live without?
My Bible, guitar and my dog.
4. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Pray and read my bible.
5. What’s your favorite cartoon character?
Patrick Star from Spongebob.
6. If you were stranded on a island and you could only have one album with you to listen to, whose album would you pick and why?
Roger Miller box set because it takes me through every single emotion I could ever want to feel.
7. Sweet or sour?
8. Fishing or hunting?
9. If you could duet with any female artist, who would you pick?
10. If you could choose your age forever, what age would you want to be?
11. What’s your favorite candy bar?
12. What’s one gift you will never forget?
My first two Brittany Spaniels on Christmas.
13. What current event has your eyes and ears? What are you doing about it?
Anything that has to do with cancer. I’ve been close to cancer charities for many years. Cancer charities have a special place in my heart.
14. Would you rather be the most popular or the smartest person on earth?
15. What super power would you like to have if given the chance?
16. You’re making your favorite sandwich… what’s on it?
Peanut butter and jelly.
17. Name one artist of any other genre besides country that you are a fan of and tell us why?
James Taylor because his music just makes sense to me.
18. What makes you laugh out loud?
19. Fill in the blank: It’s not a party until…
Someone has a guitar in their hand.
20. Fill in the blank: Country music has made me…
A better musician.
Do you have a favorite line in Mo Pitney’s debut single “Country?” Tweet me and let me know @brittwv.
Listen to Mo Pitney’s “Country”
click pic to get Mo Pitney – Country
Author: Brittany Vance
West Virginia born & bred living life in the DMV. I believe in kind hearts & strong drinks. Mom of two boys and Autism advocate. Music is not only powerful but magical. In the words of Merle Haggard: Good music will live forever. I am here to share that music with each of you.