Alabama natives Gary Stanton and Charlie Muncaster came together in 2016 to form a band called Muscadine Bloodline. When these two talented guys get on stage, you notice! They are gifted with the ability to entertain. They have hit hard in country music, opening up for acts such as Luke Combs and touring coast to coast. They are gritty, powerful and appreciated. Their music won’t only be engraved into your ears, but your heart as well.
1. Where are you answering these questions from & what are you wearing?
We’re at the crib in Athletic Apparel because it’s our off day.
2. What’s your official title and favorite thing about what you do?
Charlie plays acoustic guitar on the left and Gary plays electric guitar on the right and we both sing.
3. What are 3 things you CANNOT live without?
Charlie: 1) Family 2) Girlfriend 3) Mac N’ Cheese
Gary: 1)Workouts 2)Family 3)Devotions
4. How did you guys start playing together?
We met up in Auburn, wrote a song together and Gary sit in on a gig I had.
5. How long have you been playing music?
Charlie: Since I was 14.(12 years)
Gary: Since I was 8.(16 years)
6. What’s the hardest life lesson you’ve learned?
Charlie: Nothing worth having comes easy.
Gary: Speak up when you have a problem with something and don’t bottle it up. It can cause resentment.
7. Do you have a favorite restaurant or hang out spot?
8. If you could duet with any female artist, who would you pick and why?
Charlie: Maren Morris because my girlfriend would love that.
Gary: Kacey Musgraves because she is my favorite female artist/songwriter.
9. Who is your favorite country singer from the 90s?
Charlie: John Michael Montgomery
10. Besides music, do you have any other talents or hobbies?
Charlie: Finding food on the road via Yelp
Gary: I like to bow hunt.
11. Do you have a favorite place to perform?
Charlie: Bourbon Street Bar in Auburn, AL because that’s where it all started
Gary: Brewsky’s in Hattiesburg, MS because it is my college town.
12. What’s one gift you will never forget?
13. What current event has your eyes and ears? What are you doing about it?
Gary: Is LeBron James going to go to the Lakers, and join Ball Family Circus and if it happens then I’ll dislike the Lakers and LeBron even more.
Charlie: The Nashville Predators are leading the NHL.
14. How do you think songwriters play a vital role in music today?
It always starts with the song, and if you are writing the songs you sing, your music sticks out.
15. What’s one superpower you wish you had?
16. You’re making your favorite sandwich… what’s on it?
Gary: Way too much deli meat, one slice of Pepper Jack cheese, no sauce.
Charlie: Butter Bread, Mayo, Ham and Turkey, Cheese, and a fresh tomato.
17. Name one artist of any genre besides country that you are a fan of and tell us why?
Charlie: John Mayer because he isn’t afraid to evolve as an artist.
Gary: Big K.R.I.T. because he’s a rapper who glorifies the southern culture.
18. What makes you laugh out loud?
Charlie: Grown men farting.
Gary: Embarrassing my mom.
19. Fill in the blank: Our idea of success is…
Just make a living and be able to retire playing music we love.
20. Fill in the blank: Country music inspires us because…
It’s music we live and people relate to it.