Sunny Sweeney is no stranger to tough girl anthems. Soft girly music has never been her style. Some would blame it on her Texas roots, however, I just blame it on her authentic personality. In 2010 she touched our hearts with her debut single “A Table Away.” Following up with “Staying’s Worse Than Leaving,” she had the attention of true country women world wide. She is dynamic in her songwriting abilities, vocally strong and has a fiery personality. Sunny Sweeney is one of a kind.
Make sure you check out her new single below “My Bed” featuring Will Hoge.
1. Where are you answering these questions from and what are you wearing?
My mom’s back porch, wearing jeans and a blue shirt and a cape.
2. What is your official title and favorite thing about what you do?
3. What are 3 things you CANNOT live without?
My pillow, My husband and Eclipse Gum.
4. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
C.O.F.F.E.E …. and nothing until then.
5. What’s your favorite cartoon character?
Any of the Family Guy characters.
6. Are you a morning person or a night person?
7. Sweet or sour?
8. Beer or whiskey?
9. What’s one accessory every girl should have in her closet?
@Hautehippie Laceup Leggings
10. If you could choose your age forever, what age would you want to be?
30. 30 was pretty awesome to me.
11. What’s your favorite candy bar?
12. What’s one gift you will never forget?
My necklace with my lower case initials on it , from my husband.
13. What current event has your eyes & ears? What are you doing about it?
I just played a benefit show for CASA. I love being an advocate for children who have no other options and are in unsafe or unstable homes.
14. Would you rather be the most popular person on earth or the smartest?
Well I hope people like me but if they don’t, oh well. I would rather people dislike me for who I am than like me for who I am not. I think we could all stand to be a bit more educated.
15. If you could pick only one, would you rather see the future or have the ability to change the past?
I do not have any regrets from my past but if I had to choose, I may have a couple re-dos.
16. You are making your favorite sandwich..what’s on it?
Wheat bread, ham, cheese, mayo, jalapenos (I’m Texan.)
17. Name one artist of any genre(besides country) that you are a fan of and tell us why?
Bob Seger, because he is Bob Seger.
18. What makes you laugh out loud?
Thinking about the time I was so nervous when I met Vince Gill. I had gone to write out at his cabin outside Nashville with a friend the day before. I couldn’t think of anything to say except “Hey Vince. I peed in your outhouse.” #dead
19. Fill in the blank: It’s not a party until…
Momma gets here!
20. Fill in the blank: Country music has made me..
Who I am.
Do you have a favorite Sunny Sweeney song? Tweet me @BrittWV and let me know.
AND check out this oldie buy goodie: “If Sunny Sweeney’s tweets were inspirational posters.”
Author: Brittany Vance
West Virginia born & bred living life in the DMV. I believe in kind hearts & strong drinks. Mom of two boys and Autism advocate. Music is not only powerful but magical. In the words of Merle Haggard: Good music will live forever. I am here to share that music with each of you.