It’s been almost five years since Tracy Lawrence has recorded a full-production album. With his past 11 albums spawning hits such as “Find Out Who Your Friends Are,” “Paint Me A Birmingham,” and “Time Marches On;” it is no surprise that this album is full of radio-ready songs.
Without the help of a major label, Tracy took the album to the internet and asked fans to help out via a Kickstarter campaign. Over the course of the campaign, Tracy was able to get almost 300 backers and a total of over $50,000 to aid in the release of this release.
Tracy had promised all supporters that the new music was going to be good – he wasn’t lying! The disc is full of Tracy Lawrence’s unrivaled voice backed with a selection of songs that are well-written. The combination is 11 songs of music that is ready for those who made Tracy go double platinum on past records and those who aren’t even sure who Tracy Lawrence is!
Tracy was set on picking the best songs for the album – whether he had a part in writing them or not. He ended up with songs written by some of Nashville’s best writers including the Peach Pickers (‘I Don’t Want This Night To End’ ‘All About Tonight’) and Kip Moore.
From songs about a love being out of this world (‘Foot Prints On The Moon’), a flame burning a little to high (‘Stop Drop and Roll’) to the opposite end of the spectrum with ‘Lie’ – a heart-wrenching song about not wanting to know an ex has moved on – the album kicks off with love songs unmatched my other artists. ‘Cecil’s Place’ is a throw-back to classic honky-tonkin’ music. Closing the disc are ‘Saving Savannah’ and ‘Butterfly’. The first is a touching ballad about saving a sister from a bad situation at home. ‘Butterfly’ (which was previously released in honor of the Oklahoma tornados) ends the release on an uplifting note. The song is a healing piece about taking a ride on the wings of a butterfly through hard situations.
Track Listing for Headlights, Taillights, and Radios
1. Foot Prints On The Moon – Ben Hayslip/Dallas Davidson/Rhett Akins (ASCAP/BMI)
2. Stop Drop And Roll – Brandon Kinney/ Casey Beathard (BMI)
3. Where I Used To Live – Rick Huckaby/Flip Anderson/Joe Caverlee (BMI)
4. Lie – Ruben Estevez, Brad Ramsey/Jason Massey (ASCAP/BMI)
5. Blacktop – Kurt Allison/Michael Dulaney/David Fanning (ASCAP/BMI)
6. Good Girl – Westin Davis/Kip Moore/Dan Couch (BMI)
7. Cecil’s Palace – Rick Huckaby/Flip Anderson/Tracy Lawrence/Alex Torrez (ASCAP/BMI/SESAC)
8. Cloud Of Dust – Rick Huckaby/Aaron Sherz (BMI)
9. The Other Side Of 35 – Tim James/Casey Beathard/Kendell Marvel (BMI)
10. Saving Savannah – Rick Huckaby/Michael White (BMI)
11. Butterfly – Rick Huckaby/Tracy Lawrence/Flip Anderson (ASCAP/BMI)
Album Rating: A-
Standout Songs: “Lie,” “Foot Prints On The Moon,” “Good Girl,” & “Butterfly”
The album will be available everywhere on August 20th but is available for PRE-ORDER right now.