by Jessica Northey Find me on Google+
Last week Jessica Northey Creator of Country Music Chat, hosted a special, “#CMChat Twangout” #TWANGn2013 with COUNTRY MUSIC INDUSTRY EXPERTS” discussing everything from Social Media to touring, publishing, radio, branding, digital, publicity, marketing, management and all things Country for the New Year.
+ LAURA MCKINLEY, PRESIDENT/OWNER, CLOVER MARKETING
+ ROB BECKHAM, CO-PRESIDENT, WME NASHVILLE
+ BECCA WALLS, ON-AIR PERSONALITY, WKDF NASHVILLE
+ BRANDI SIMMS, SR MNGR MEMBERSHIP, COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION
+ BRADLEY COLLINS, SR DIR WRITER/PUBLISHER RELATIONS BMI
BTW, the thing that Rob was so excited about was his client Blake Shelton announcing the “Ten Times Crazier” Tour.
This video is filled with amazing amounts of resources, ideas and insights. ENJOY!
AND NOW for something really cool!
Blog Rodeo Roundup: See What Everyone Else Is Saying About Country Music in 2013!
- CountryMusicTattleTale.com: 2013 Will Bring A New Sound to Country Music!
- FocusOnThe615.com: Artist to Watch in 2013!
- TwangNation.com: Americana’s Influence On Country Music!
- UrbanCountryNews.com: Roots On The Rise – The Most Exciting Music Trend of 2013!
- UkCOUNTRYmusic.net: Country2Country Festival-A Potential Turning Point for US Country Music In The Uk!
- KeepinItCountryBlog.com: 2013 The Year of Country Crossover!
- CountryMusicPride.com: Country Music In 2013!
- ForTheCountryRecord.com: Country Music & Twitter!
- CountryMusicNewsBlog.com (HaleighT): Word of Mouth in 2013!
- CountryMusicNewsBlog.com (WhiskeyChick): 2013 – The Year of Social Media In Country Music!
- CountryMusicNewsBlog.com (MissMolly): 2013 North of Nashville – The Ozarks Go Country!
- CountryMusicIsLove.com: Country Music Blog Rodeo: Passing the Torch in 2013
Author: Jessica Northey
Everyone asks “what exactly do you do Jessica?” What some of my family members say, “she tweets for a living” is my favorite, but really the title that puts food on the table is “Social Media Influencer,” the definition sounds simple, someone who influences others through social media, but I consider myself a Citizen Journalist broadcasting and entertaining with news, thoughts, opinions, delivering information in my own unique way. Famous for my ‘sass wit and straight from the hip’ style I’ve always been called a “Social Media Pioneer” in the music industry. I’m also an On-Air/Online Broadcasting Host and Personality, Digital Media Strategist, Country and Music Blogger/Journalist as well as a Nationally recognized Speaker and Founder of Country Music Chat, News and Views Entertainment Website CMChatLIVE.com. My favorite accomplishment is starting the largest Country Music Hashtag community in the world Country Music’s #CMChat.
It all started with a hunch…back in the early 2000’s I would dial up the internet via AOL and join chat rooms whilst watching my favorite programs on TV. Loved watching Reality Shows with my Mom in Tucson, and blowing her mind with how I always knew who was going home on the Bachelor or Big Brother. Don’t think she ever caught on that I was talking to people via computer on the East Coast, where it had already aired. (We didn’t have the uber-spoiler Twitter or Facebook to ruin results and awards shows for us yet.)
I’ve been taking over the internet, one tweet at a time and have accumulated over 3 Million followers/friends/fans across all my Social Media networks. Over the years I’ve been consistently ranked as an influential online personality and even named as a Forbes Top 50 Social Media Power Influencer. I was the first person Merle Haggard followed when he got on Twitter and spent the day with Garth Brooks at Twitter and Facebook when joined the social media world.