Florida native Westin Davis may seem like your average bad boy, however, a much deeper side to Westin shines through when he writes a song. Westin Davis signed a deal with Magic Mustang Music and never looked back. He has worked with artists such as Thompson Square, Brian Davis, and even co-wrote Kip Moore’s latest single “I’m To Blame.” When it comes to a guy like Westin, what you see is what you get and what you get is raw talent.
1. Where are you answering these questions from and what are you wearing?
I’m at the label, between writes. I’m wearing a ball cap, t-shirt, jeans and work boots.
2. What is your official title & what do you love most about what you do?
My official title is Songwriter. What I love the most is just creating.
3. What are three things you can not live without?
Family, friends and the beach.
4. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Well I have a four month old, so I’m up changing diapers and feeding him.
5. What’s your favorite cartoon character?
I don’t really have one.
6. Are you a morning person or a night person?
I’m definitely a morning person.
7. Sweet or sour?
I’ll take both.
8. Small town or big city?
9. Wine or whiskey?
Both but these days it’s socially and always in moderation.
10. If you could choose your age forever, what age would you want to be?
You might want to save that question for all the people loading their social media with ridiculous selfies trying to look cool or sexy. I actually dont want to be a certain age forever. I’ve soaked up every page to my life and I welcome the later chapters. I’m fine with growing old and to be honest I shouldn’t even be here, so I wan’t to grow old.
11. What’s your favorite candy bar?
I’ve actually been into Kit Kats recently.
12. What’s one gift you will never forget?
The man upstairs for giving my baby the gift of life.
13. What current event has your eyes and ears? What are you doing about it?
I’m not big on wordly current events, however, I do have my eyes on a certain charity that you’ll have to stay tuned for.
14. Would you rather be the most popular or the smartest person on earth?
I could care less about either.
15. Would you rather have the gift to see the future or the ability to change the past?
I would definitely want to change the past.
16. You are making your favorite sandwich.. what’s on it?
17. Name one artist from another genre that you enjoy listening to?
Here lately I’ve been diggin’ on some old Elton John.
18. What makes you laugh out loud?
My buddies back home.
19. Fill in the blank: It’s not a party until…
Well being that my kind of partying makes everyone else’s look like Sunday school, it’s probably best I keep that to myself (laughs.)
20. Fill in the blank: Country music has made me..
Really appreciate real country music. Now a days when I cut on the radio, if the song ain’t real or there was no effort put into the lyrics, I change the station. These days it seems I spend more time changing the stations.
Have you heard Kip Moore’s new single “I’m To Blame?” Tweet me @brittwv and let me know what you think.
Author: Brittany Vance
West Virginia born & bred living life in the DMV. I believe in kind hearts & strong drinks. Mom of two boys and Autism advocate. Music is not only powerful but magical. In the words of Merle Haggard: Good music will live forever. I am here to share that music with each of you.